The Port Of Memphis
The Economic Development Growth Engine (EDGE) Industrial Development Board of the City of Memphis and County of Shelby, TN
seeks qualified candidates for the position of
Executive Director, Port Commission
Title: Executive Director, Port Commission
Essential Job Functions: Reports to the President of EDGE and the seven member Board of Directors of the Memphis & Shelby County Port Commission.
The Executive Director is responsible for all areas of responsibility within the Port Commission jurisdiction. These areas of responsibility include personnel, budget, contracts, negotiations and operations within the organization. The Executive Director is responsible for planning, strategy and completion of projects within the jurisdiction of the Port Commission; conducts final review of projects to determine project objectives, time frame, and funding limitations. Negotiates consulting fees and reviews and approves contracts according to project scope and budget; reviews designs and submittals with consultants and Port Commission personnel to ensure sufficiency of design in meeting Port Commission needs and requirements; approves bid documents and bids received, and makes recommendation for bid selection; reviews and approves all pay requests for vendors, contractors and consultants.
· Coordinate and conduct monthly Board meeting with the seven member board of the Memphis and Shelby County Port Commission. Complete all tasks as directed by the Board of Directors.
· Provide a monthly update to the Public Works Committee of the City of Memphis City Council and appear before the Memphis City Council and the Shelby County Commission representing any transaction related to land within the jurisdiction of the Port Commission.
· Coordinate economic development efforts with EDGE to attract new businesses and enhance existing businesses within the Port jurisdiction.
· Work with the United States Coast Guard as Chairman of the Area Maritime Security Committee and help coordinate federally mandated security requirements within the Port of Memphis.
· Prepare documentation for Federal Emergency Management Agency Port Grant applications and act as grant administrator on behalf of the Port Commission.
· Perform any and all other work related tasks as assigned by the Board of Directors.